§ 1 INFORMATION ON THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
(1) In the following we provide information about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The person responsible pursuant to Article 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Weight Doctors GmbH
44139 Dortmund, Germany
(see also our imprint at https://weight-doctors.de/en/imprint/)
The data protection officer of the person responsible is: Toni Arckel
If you contact the data protection officer by letter or fax, please make a note on your cover letter:
“To the attention of the Data Protection Officer”
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, your name, your website and any other information you may have provided) will be stored by us to answer your questions. We delete the data arising in this connection after storage is no longer necessary or restrict processing if there are legal storage obligations.
(4) If we wish to use commissioned service providers for individual functions of our offer or use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In doing so, we will also state the specified criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data concerning you:
(1) Right to information under Art. 15 GDPR
You can request confirmation from us as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed by us. If this is the case, you have the right to be informed of this personal data and to receive the following information:
- the processing purposes
- the categories of personal data processed
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data has been or will be disclosed
- the planned duration of storage of the personal data concerning you or, if it is not possible to specify this, the criteria for determining the duration
- the existence of a right of rectification, erasure, restriction or opposition to processing
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority,
- the origin of your data, if it was not collected from you by us
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and intended impact of such processing on you, as well as your right to be informed of the guarantees provided for in Art. 46 of the DPA when your data are transferred to third countries
(2) Right of rectification under Art. 16 GDPR
You have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete any personal data processed concerning you if it is incorrect or incomplete.
(3) Right of deletion in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR
a) Obligation to delete
You can demand that the personal data concerning you be deleted immediately and we are obliged to delete this data immediately if one of the following reasons applies:
- The personal data concerning you are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You revoke your consent on which the processing was based in accordance with Article 6 (1) lit. a or Article 9 (2) lit. a GDPR, and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- You object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (1) GDPR and there are no legitimate reasons for the processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (2) GDPR.
- Personal data concerning you have been processed unlawfully.
- The deletion of personal data concerning you is necessary to comply with a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which we are subject.
- The personal data concerning you have been collected in relation to information society services offered in accordance with Article 8 paragraph 1 of the GDPR.
b) Information to third parties
If we have made the personal data concerning you public and we are obliged to delete them pursuant to Art. 17 para. 1 GDPR, we will take reasonable measures, including technical measures, taking into account the available technology and the implementation costs, to inform data controllers who process the personal data that you, as a data subject, have requested them to delete all links to this personal data or copies or replications of this personal data.
In particular, the right of deletion shall not apply if the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
(4) Right to restrict processing under Art. 18 GDPR
Under the following conditions, you may request that the processing of personal data concerning you be restricted:
- If you dispute the accuracy of the personal data concerning you for a period of time that allows us to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- If the processing is unlawful and you object to the deletion of the personal data and request instead the restriction of the use of the personal data.
- When we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of processing, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
- If you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 Para. 1 GDPR and it has not yet been established whether the legitimate reasons of the controller outweigh your reasons.
If the processing of personal data relating to you has been restricted, such data may be processed, with the exception of storage, only with your consent or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims or protecting the rights of another natural or legal person or on grounds of an important public interest of the Union or a Member State.
If the restriction on processing has been restricted in accordance with the above conditions, you will be informed by us before the restriction is lifted.
(5) Right to information in accordance with Art. 19 GDPR
If you have asserted the right to rectify, erase or limit the processing vis-à-vis the controller, the controller is obliged to notify all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this rectification, erasure or limitation of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort.
We have the right to be informed about these recipients.
(6) Right to data transferability according to Art. 20 GDPR
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format. You also have the right to have this data communicated to another controller, without hindrance from us, to whom the personal data has been made available, provided that
- the processing is based on a consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 letter a GDPR or Art. 9 para. 2 letter a GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 letter b GDPR and
- the processing is carried out by means of automated procedures.
In exercising this right, you also have the right to request that the personal data concerning you be transferred directly from us to another responsible party, insofar as this is technically feasible. The freedoms and rights of other persons must not be affected by this.
(7) Right of objection according to Art. 21 GDPR
You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you which is carried out pursuant to Art. 6, paragraph 1, letter e or f (letter f), which regulates the processing of personal data based on a balancing of interests. This is the case if the processing is not necessary, in particular, for the fulfilment of a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the functions) GDPR; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
We shall then no longer process the personal data relating to you unless we can prove compelling reasons for processing which are worthy of protection and which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If the personal data concerning you are processed for the purpose of direct marketing, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such marketing, including profiling, insofar as it relates to such direct marketing.
If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data concerning you will no longer be processed for these purposes.
You have the possibility of exercising your right of objection in connection with the use of Information Society services, without prejudice to Directive 2002/58/EC, by means of automated procedures involving technical specifications.
(8) Right to revoke consents granted under Art. 7 (3) GDPR
You have the right to revoke your data protection declaration of consent at any time with effect for the future. In the event of revocation, we will immediately delete the data concerned, unless further processing cannot be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation.
(9) Automated decision in individual cases including profiling in accordance with Art. 22 GDPR
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects in relation to you or significantly affects you in a similar way. This does not apply if the decision
- is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract between you and the person responsible,
- is authorised by Union or national legislation to which the person responsible is subject and that legislation provides for appropriate measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests, or
- with your express consent.
However, these decisions may not be based on special categories of personal data pursuant to Art. 9 para. 1 GDPR, unless Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a or g applies and appropriate measures have been taken to protect rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests.
With regard to the cases referred to in the above indents, we shall take appropriate measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests, including at least the right to obtain the intervention of a person from our side, to express your point of view and to challenge the decision.
(10) Right to appeal to a supervisory authority under Art. 77 GDPR
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State in which you are resident, your place of work or the place of the suspected infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you is in breach of the DPA.
The supervisory authority to which the complaint has been submitted shall inform the complainant about the status and the results of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy pursuant to Art. 78 GDPR.
§ 3 COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA WHEN VISITING OUR WEBSITE
(1) If you use the website for informational purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR):
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (concrete page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transmitted in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive in accordance with the browser you are using and through which certain information is transmitted to the party that sets the cookie (in this case us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to make the website more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (plus b)
- Persistent cookies (c)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This includes in particular session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This enables your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all the features of this website.
f) The Flash cookies used are not registered by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your end device. These objects store the required data independently of the browser you use and do not have an automatic expiry date. If you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you must install a corresponding add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by setting your browser to private mode. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and browser history manually.
If you do not want us to track your activities, click here to disable Google Analytics.
§ 4 FURTHER FUNCTIONS AND OFFERS OF OUR WEBSITE
(1) In addition to the purely informative use of our website, we offer various services which you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you will generally have to provide additional personal data which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to provide all our services and – in connection with this – to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked. These include in particular, but not exclusively:
Westfalenklinik Fachklinik für Plastische und Ästhetische Chirurgie GmbH, Rosemeyerstr. 2-4, 44139 Dortmund
team transhair gmbh, Rosemeyerstr. 2-4, 44139 Dortmund
Alster-Klinik Hamburg GmbH, Rothenbaumchaussee 7, 20148 Hamburg
Klinik am Seestern GmbH, Am Seestern 4, 40547 Düsseldorf
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer campaigns, competitions, the conclusion of contracts or similar services together with partners. You will receive more detailed information on this when you provide your personal data or in the description of the offer below.
(4) Insofar as our service providers or partners are based in a state outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§ 5 USE OF OUR CUSTOMER PORTAL “PRACTICE MANAGER
(1) If you wish to use our portal, you must register by entering your e-mail address/URL and a password of your choice. . The user name must be given in plain language, pseudonymous use is not possible. The password sent to you by the project management for your initial login to the portal can be changed at any time according to your wishes using the “Forgot password” function. We recommend that you reset your password on your first login and choose a password consisting of at least eight characters. For security reasons, you should use both upper and lower case letters and numbers. If you are unsure how to choose a secure password, you can have a password generated here, for example: https://www.passwort-generator.com/
(2) If you use our portal, we will store your master data required for the fulfilment of the contract, including your address and URL, until the cooperation has been terminated and the statutory periods for storing your data expire. Furthermore, we will store the voluntary data provided by you for the time of your use of the portal, unless you delete them first. You can manage and change all data in the protected customer area. Your access to the portal will be deactivated at the end of the contract. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
(3) To prevent unauthorised access to your personal data by third parties, the connection is encrypted using TLS technology.
§ 6 NEWSLETTER
(1) With your consent you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are named in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the so-called double-opt-in procedure to register for our newsletter. This means that after your registration, we will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address you have provided, in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store your IP address and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) Your e-mail address is the only mandatory information for sending the newsletter. The provision of further, separately marked data is voluntary and is used to address you personally. After your confirmation we will save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can revoke your consent by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail, by e-mail to
or by sending a message to the contact details given in the imprint.
(5) We would like to point out that we evaluate your user behaviour when sending the newsletter. For this evaluation, the e-mails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which represent one-pixel image files stored on our website. For the evaluation we link the data mentioned in § 3 and the web beacons with your e-mail address and an individual ID. Links received in the newsletter also contain this ID. We use the data thus obtained to create a user profile in order to tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. In doing so, we record when you read our newsletters, which links you click in them and conclude from this your personal interests. We link this data to actions you take on our website. You can object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link provided in each e-mail or by informing us via another contact channel. The information is stored for as long as you have subscribed to the newsletter. After unsubscribing, we store the data purely statistically and anonymously. Such tracking is also not possible if you have deactivated the display of images in your e-mail program by default. In this case, the newsletter will not be displayed completely and you may not be able to use all functions. If you display the images manually, the above tracking is performed].
§ 7 WEB ANALYTICS
1. use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google LLC. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, in the event that IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states which are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link:https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This enables IP addresses to be further processed in a shortened form, thus excluding the possibility of personal references. If the data collected about you contains a personal reference, this is immediately excluded and the personal data is therefore deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. We can use the statistics obtained to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield,https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
Data protection overview: https://safety.google/privacy/privacy-controls/,
(07) This website also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of visitor flows, which is carried out via a user ID.
2. use of eTracker
(1) This website uses technologies from etracker GmbH (https://www.etracker.com) to collect and store data for marketing and optimisation purposes. This data can be used to create user profiles under a pseudonym. Cookies can be used for this purpose. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in the cache of the visitor’s Internet browser. The cookies enable the recognition of the Internet browser. The data collected using eTracker technologies will not be used to personally identify the visitor to this website and will not be merged with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym without the separately granted consent of the person concerned. You can object to the collection and storage of data at any time with effect for the future by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: “Please exclude me from the eTracker count”).
(2) We use eTracker to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. We can use the statistics obtained to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The collected data is stored permanently and analysed pseudonymously. The legal basis for the use of eTracker is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
(3) Information provided by the third-party provider: etracker GmbH, Erste Brunnenstraße 1, 20459 Hamburg, Germany;
https://www.etracker.com/de/datenschutz/.html. The legal basis for the use of eTracker is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR.
3. use of Jetpack/external WordPress.com stats
(1) This website uses the web analysis service Jetpack (formerly: WordPress.com-Stats) to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. We can use the statistics obtained to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. Furthermore, we use the system for measures to protect the security of the website, e.g. the detection of attacks or viruses. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Automattic Inc. has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield,
https://www.privacyshield.gov. The legal basis for the use of Jetpack is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR.
(2) For this evaluation, cookies (see § 3 for details) are stored on your computer. The information thus collected is stored on a server in the USA. If you prevent the storage of cookies, we would like to point out that you may not be able to use this website to its full extent. The prevention of the storage of cookies is possible through the setting in your browser or by pressing the button “Click here to Opt-out” at https://www.quantcast.com/opt-out.
(3) This website uses Jetpack with an extension by means of which IP addresses are processed in abbreviated form immediately after they have been collected, in order to exclude the possibility of personal references.
(4) Informationen des Drittanbieters: Automattic Inc., 60 29 th Street #343, San Francisco, CA 94110-4929, USA, https://automattic.com/privacy, sowie des Drittanbieters der Trackingtechnologie: Quantcast Inc., 201 3 rd St, Floor 2, San Francisco, CA 94103-3153, USA, https://www.quantcast.com/privacy.
§ 8 SOCIAL MEDIA
1. use of social media plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We use the so-called two-click solution. This means that when you visit our site, no personal data is initially passed on to the providers of the plug-ins. You can recognise the provider of the plug-in by the initial letter or logo of the provider of the plug-in. We give you the opportunity to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the marked box and thereby activate it, the plug-in provider will receive the information that you have called up the corresponding website of our online offer. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration is transmitted. In the case of Facebook, according to information from Facebook Inc. in Germany, the IP address is anonymised immediately after it is collected. By activating the plug-in, your personal data is therefore transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (in the case of US providers in the USA). Since the plug-in provider collects data in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies via your browser’s security settings before clicking on the greyed-out box.
(2) We have no influence on the data collected and data processing procedures, nor are we aware of the full scope of data collection, the purposes of processing, the storage periods. We also have no information about the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and uses these for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the design of its website to meet requirements. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (also for users who are not logged in) for the purpose of presenting need-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right of objection to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider in order to exercise this right. Via the plug-ins we offer you the possibility to interact with the social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
(4) The data transfer takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, the data collected by us will be directly assigned to your account with the plug-in provider. If you click on the activated button and, for example, link to the page, the plug-in provider will also save this information in your user account and publicly share it with your contacts. We recommend that you regularly log off after using a social network, but especially before activating the button, as this will help you avoid being assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the following data protection declarations of these providers. There you will also find further information on your rights in this regard and setting options to protect your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their data protection information:
- (a) Facebook Inc, 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
https://www.facebook.com/policy.php; weitere Informationen zur Datenerhebung: https://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications sowie https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook hat sich dem EU-US-Privacy-Shield unterworfen, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- b) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA;
https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=de. Google has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- (c) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA
https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- (d) Instagram Inc, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA;
https://www.instagram.com/about/legal/privacy. Instagram has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
2. integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offer which are based on
https://www.youtube.com/ and can be played directly from our website. These are all embedded in the “enhanced privacy mode”, which means that no data about you as a user is transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data referred to in paragraph 2 be transferred. We have no influence on this data transfer.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have called up the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration is transmitted. This is done regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in at Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not want your profile to be associated with YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) for the purpose of providing needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right of objection to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube in order to exercise this right.
3. integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website we use the offer of Google Maps. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to use the map function conveniently.
(2) By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration is transmitted. This is done regardless of whether Google provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are registered with Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be assigned to your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation is carried out in particular (even for non-registered users) to provide advertising tailored to your needs and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
§ 9 ONLINE ADVERTISING
1. use of Google Ads Conversion
(1) We use the offer of Google Ads to draw attention to our attractive offers on external websites with the help of advertising material (so-called Google Ads). In relation to the data of the advertising campaigns, we can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. In this way, we pursue the interest in showing you advertising that is of interest to you, making our website more interesting for you and achieving a fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) These advertising media are delivered by Google via so-called “Ad Servers”. For this purpose, we use Ad Server Cookies, by means of which certain parameters can be measured to measure success, such as the display of the ads or clicks by the users. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google Ads will store a cookie on your PC. These cookies usually expire after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. The unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (marking that the user no longer wishes to be contacted) are usually stored as analysis values for this cookie.
(3) These cookies enable Google to recognise your internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of an Ads Client’s website and the cookie stored on his or her computer has not expired, Google and the client may recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to that page. A different cookie is associated with each AdServer client. As a result, cookies cannot be tracked through the websites of ad clients. We ourselves do not collect and process any personal data in the advertising measures mentioned above. We only receive statistical evaluations from Google. On the basis of these evaluations we can recognise which of the advertising measures used are particularly effective. We do not receive any further data from the use of the advertising material, in particular we cannot identify the users on the basis of this information.
(4) Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Google through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our state of knowledge: Through the integration of Ads Conversion, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding part of our website or clicked on an advertisement from us. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can allocate the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider will find out and save your IP address.
(5) You can prevent participation in this tracking procedure in various ways: a) by setting your browser software accordingly, in particular by suppressing third-party cookies, so that you do not receive any third-party advertisements; b) by deactivating cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies(https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2790761?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=de),https://adssettings.google.de/authenticated, whereby this setting is deleted if you delete your cookies; c) by deactivating the interest-based ads of the providers that are part of the self-regulation campaign “About Ads” via the link https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN, whereby these settings are deleted if you delete your cookies; d) by permanently deactivating them in your Firefox, Internetexplorer or Google Chrome browsers under the link https://support.google.com/ads/answer/7395996. We would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this offer to their full extent.
(6) The legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Further information on data protection at Google can be found here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at https://www.networkadvertising.org/. Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Besides Ads Conversion we use the Google Remarketing application. This is a procedure with which we would like to address you again. This application allows you to see our advertisements on your further internet use after visiting our website. This is done by means of cookies stored in your browser, which are used by Google to record and evaluate your usage behaviour when visiting various websites. This enables Google to determine your previous visit to our website. According to Google, a combination of the data collected in the course of remarketing with your personal data, which may be stored by Google, does not take place. In particular, according to Google, pseudonymisation is used in remarketing.
3rd Facebook Custom Audiences
- Furthermore, this website uses the remarketing function “Custom Audiences” of Facebook Inc (“Facebook”). This enables users of the website to be presented with interest-related advertisements (“Facebook Ads”) when they visit the social network Facebook or other websites that also use the procedure. In this way, we pursue the interest in displaying advertisements that are of interest to you in order to make our website more interesting for you.
- Due to the marketing tool used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Facebook servers. We have no influence on the scope and use of the data collected by Facebook through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our state of knowledge: Through the integration of Facebook Custom Audiences, Facebook receives the information that you have called up the corresponding website of our Internet presence or clicked on an advertisement from us. If you are registered with a Facebook service, Facebook can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Facebook or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider may find out and store your IP address and other identifying features.
(3) The “Facebook Custom Audiences” function can be disabled [here and] for logged-in users at https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/?entry_product=ad_settings_screen#_.
- The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR. Further information on data processing by Facebook can be found at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
§ 10 STATUS AND UPDATE OF THIS DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION
This data protection declaration is valid as of 01 February 2020. We reserve the right to update the data protection declaration in due course in order to improve data protection and/or to adapt it to changes in official practice or jurisdiction.